Easit Test Engine™
How easy is it to obtain correct Test Data for test cases? What knowledge is needed? When correct Test Data has been found, in what way are the criteria used to obtain it documented?
The answers to these questions are, in turn
- It is not easy at all. On the contrary, it might be extremely difficult.
- Deep knowledge of underlying technicalities, such as SQL- and relational database table and column knowledge.
- Most often, there is no documentation whatsoever.
Get to know Easit Test Engine™ – watch our videos
Presentation describing issues within
Test Data Management and the solutions
Easit Test Engine™ offers to address them.
Use Easit Test Engine™ to make
Test Data available to everyone
within your organization!
This video demonstrates some of
the Easit Test Engine™ key features.
Also, some background information
on central concepts is provided.
Read more about Easit Test Engine™
The time spent on handling and finding correct Test Data within systems development is almost never measured. Instead, it is consumed by the black holes of Test and Development, never seeing the light of day. However, the amount of time spent on finding correct and coherent Test Data is far from insignificant. In fact, it quite the opposite.
Furthermore, comprehensive Test Data documentation is most often completely absent, the knowledge existing only in the mind of the person last responsible for procuring it. As long as the same personnel can be used time after time, this is not an issue. Though, with extensive personnel turnover, this issue is huge, and you might not even know it exists!
In a wider perspective, if no comprehensive Test Data documentation exists, how can project management and business experts perform proper quality assurance of the Test Data used?
Easit Test Engine is a Test Data tool making it possible to easily build executable queries documenting exactly what test data is needed, for each test case, in a way all project staff understands, including business experts. Also, finding Test Data is highly automated, making it easy to procure correct test data iteration after iteration, regardless of personnel turnover.
Test Data Management
Test Data Management is a vast area, gaining more and more attention in system development projects. Below, a brief selection can be found, of all functions that Easit Test Engine contains that facilitate projects within this area.
- Describe your test data using systems- and business terms, through criteria and queries possible to execute on demand.
- Build high-level executable queries using systems- or business knowledge, in an intuitive graphical user interface, to find necessary Test Data for Testing or Development.
- Use built-in support to query relational databases or build plug-ins to query any kind of data source.
- Automate the finding of Test Data, through mechanisms in the graphical user interface, by command line scripting, or by using web services in test automation.
- Save snapshots of test case test data and restore these snapshots when necessary.
- Use Test Data indexing to speed up search execution or to make test data stored in unavailable places readily available.
- Create traceability between test case and Test Data, in a way that all personnel, from business analysts to developers, understands.
- Maintain counts on all Test Data varieties, to obtain detailed knowledge on how much is used, how much is free, and if new Test Data needs to be ordered.
- Use collections of queries for test case suites, to create a complete picture of what Test Data is needed for different test case packages.
- Avoid Test Data collisions in shared test environments through Test Data reservation.
- Keep track of how your Test Data is used through activity logging.
- Use reports to get an understanding of how the application is used.
- Set up a dashboard to, among other things, get live continuous information on application load.
Easit Test Engine™ has built-in support for accessing several kinds of relational databases directly. Apart from this, Easit Test Engine™ is equipped with a web services interface, making it possible to act as a central Test Data node, providing your test automations with Test Data, on demand.
Through the Connector API add-on, Easit Test Engine can be used to obtain test data in any data source, as long as there is a humanly known way of how to access it.
Create a new level of abstraction for your
Test Data through the overviewable
specifics of Test Engine:
use systems- or business terms
to search for Test Data.
Test Data on Demand
– For all
Make Test Data available, to all
personnel – including non-technologists
– with a mechanism to search for Test Data on Demand.
All Test Data knowledge – shared
Build and share, among all users,
an ever increasing high level Test Data
knowledge base, consisting of all Test Data
needs for all kinds of test cases.